Dear Navigators, Social Workers, Administrators, and Clinical Staff,
This May 14-17, our navigation community will gather in Baltimore, MD, for the Academy of Oncology Nurse & Patient Navigators (AONN+) Midyear Conference. And it just wouldn’t be the same without you!
Need a good reason to attend? How about 10? Here are my Top 10 Reasons to Attend the AONN+ Midyear Conference:
10. Connect with hundreds of oncology navigators and care providers.
9. Have your professional questions addressed by experts in the field.
8. Gain exposure to key opinion leaders in oncology nurse navigation and patient navigation.
7. Learn about AONN+ initiatives that demonstrate the value of navigators through assessment of patient experience, clinical outcomes, and return on investment.
6. Share with and learn best practices from your colleagues from across the country.
5. Learn how to implement effective navigation programs and measure their outcomes.
4. Attend 2 exclusive preconference sessions: a policy and advocacy “bootcamp,” and a health equity session focused on sexual/gender minorities and the LGBTQ community.
3. Get certified! AONN+’s unique certifications recognize your navigator-specific knowledge and further your professional development.
2. Earn up to 14 hours in Continuing Education Units.
And my #1 reason to attend the AONN+ Midyear Conference is:
Continue cultivating and perfecting your navigation skills to provide excellence in patient care!
I hope you will take this opportunity to invest in yourself and reach your career goals. Register today by visiting us at midyear.AONNonline.org. See you in Baltimore!
Lillie D. Shockney, RN, BS, MAS, HON-ONN-CG
University Distinguished Service Professor of Breast Cancer; Professor of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Co-Developer of Work Stride: Managing Cancer at Work, Johns Hopkins Healthcare Solutions; Co-Founder of AONN+.