Dear Navigators, Social Workers, Administrators, and Clinical Staff,
Have you ever attended a cyber conference? Think a virtual experience can’t compare to the real thing? Well, many AONN+ members attended our Midyear Virtual Conference this past May, myself included. I have to say, it was an amazing, engaging, and rewarding experience. But don’t just take my word for it. We polled attendees after the 2020 Midyear Virtual Conference. Here are some of the results:
- 100% of surveyed attendees said the conference provided them with resources and tools that they can’t get anywhere else
- 100% of surveyed attendees learned something from the conference that will help them grow their navigation program
- 100% of surveyed attendees learned something that will help them provide better patient care
- 93% of surveyed attendees felt the virtual conference was better than or just as valuable as a live conference
- 62% of surveyed attendees said they made valuable connections during the conference
Everyone at the Academy was thrilled to see these results! But I think the experience was best summed up by conference attendee Gina Kuenstler, BSN, RN, OCN, who said:
“Although I always love seeing everyone in person, the virtual format exceeded my expectations and financially would enable me to attend more of the AONN conferences. I would definitely attend via this format again.”
Well said, Gina! And thank you for being a part of our AONN+ navigation community. I hope to see all of you at the 2020 Annual Virtual Conference on November 4-8. Make the commitment today by registering at www.AONNonline.org.
Lillie D. Shockney, RN, BS, MAS, HON-ONN-CG
University Distinguished Service Professor of Breast Cancer; Professor of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Co-Developer
of Work Stride: Managing Cancer at Work, Johns Hopkins Healthcare Solutions; Co-Founder of AONN+.