Part 3 of a 5-Part Series
Patient Education, Advocacy & Resources (www.gene.com): The patient resources on this website include details on a range of Genentech-partnered programs for people faced with a variety of diseases, as well as disease education and information on coverage support.
- Faces of Metastatic Breast Cancer (MBC) (http://facesofmbc.org/): Genentech partnered with Living Beyond Breast Cancer, Metastatic Breast Cancer Network, and Metavivor and created Faces of MBC to recognize the 155,000 people living in the United States with MBC, a disease for which there currently is no cure. Faces of MBC features videos with perspectives from real women living with the disease and their supporters, as well as resources and information about the disease. Faces of MBC launched a Facebook application called “Circle of Support,” which allows friends, family, and caregivers to offer support and words of encouragement to loved ones with MBC.
- Faces of Skin Cancer (http://www.facesofskincancer.org/): Genentech also partnered with the Skin Cancer Foundation, AIM at Melanoma, BCCNS Life Support Network, Melanoma International Foundation, and Melanoma Research Foundation to create Faces of Skin Cancer to learn more about the advanced skin cancer community and how best to support them. The Faces of Skin Cancer website includes video, audio, and stories from people in the advanced skin cancer community that highlight different emotional and physical aspects of advanced skin cancer. Visitors can show their support by sharing the stories with others and are invited to submit their own advanced skin cancer story.
- Partners for Good: Dream Foundation (http://www.gene.com/stories/partners-for-good-dream-founda tion): Genentech teams up with Partners for Good: Dream Foundation, the first and largest national wish-granting organization for adults, to fulfill wishes for individuals and their families facing life-threatening illness.
- Stories (http://www.gene.com/stories): Patient stories provide perspectives on why Genentech does what they do, and why it matters. These stories are available in written form, slideshows, and videos.
- Disease Education (http://www.gene.com/patients/dis ease-education): Genentech offers a directory of disease education resources to help patients and caregivers understand disease risk factors, signs and symptoms, and general treatment options.
- Committed to Access (http://www.gene.com/patients/patient-access): Genentech is committed to helping people access Genentech medicines whenever possible. “Committed to Access” offers a full range of programs and services to help make sure price is not a barrier for patients.
- Medical Resources for Healthcare Providers (http://www.gene.com/medical-professionals/medinfo): Healthcare provider questions and inquiries about Genentech medicines and clinical trials are fielded through an easy online submission form.
- Herceptin for Nurses (http://www.herceptin.com/hcp/nurses): This section of the Herceptin website contains useful information and resources to help oncology nurse navigators learn more about HER2-positive cancer and Herceptin.